Storm kills 5 in Taiwan;China evacuates one million
A powerful storm drenched China's southeast coast Sunday(1) after killing five people in Taiwan. Krosa, which earlier was a typhoon, hit land at 3:30 p.m. in densely populated Zhejiang and Fujian provinces, the Zhejiang weather bureau reported on its Web site. There was no immediate word of injuries or damage. (2)
(1) on Sunday
(2) You have not mentioned that China evacuates one million people in your summary. If you can add the influence about the storm to China, I think that would be better.
Fear you're losing your marbles? Try these memory tricks
This news is about health. To avoid losing our marbles , we can try some memory tricks. (1) Like play a mind game to keep track of our to-do's. Exercise(2) our eyes to remember names. Breathe(3) deeply to absorb critical information. Hit(4) snooze to master a new workout move. Vary(5) our routine to deliver the punch line.(6)
(1) Maybe you can add a comma, and then write “such as playing a mind game to...”
(2) exercising
(3) breathing
(4) hitting
(5) varying
(6) I think you should add a concluding sentence in the end of your summary.
*Revising Jennifer's summary
Putting up with pain
My thoughts:It is an interesting news I saw in NCC Interactive.When the question “which kind of people can stand for pain better, men or women?” is referred, I think most of people won’t deny the answer— women do suffer more pain than men.I did think this question seriously before and I think that women usually have a bigger burden than men is a fact. I believe this picture often occurs in everyone’s family-after dinner, the one who still has to work and keeps doing housework until the night is mother in this home. Most of men can read newspaper leisurely after dinner and hold a just reason of getting a tired mood from the hard daily work so they “should” take a great rest right now.I think that’s why women always have the similar “problem” criticized. Most of men are fed up with their wives’ complaint, but the real reason for women’s blabber may be the workload they need to do. If you have a life always rushing for almost every thing of home(1) sometimes even for career at the same time, then maybe you will have the same “habit” with women- rattling on every single thing in the whole time.So after the long time women keep supporting the huge work, most women may put up with pain better than men. They will think more about a thing and sometimes with a worst thought of it. Just like the dentist referred” men don't prepare for pain” but women may do this thought more than men do. But I don’t mean to scold men for their lack of paying responsibilities to the family, what I really want to express is : no matter what level of pain you can endure, if men and women can find a way of balance(2), the life of family would be much more better then. Isn’t it a good way to think?
(1)You can add a comma here.
(2)a balanced way
Assignment2
Summary: Famers(1) who have financial problems can decrease their difficulties by trying a new kind of fertilizers-human’s urine. Aside from the yuck feeling of the “side effect”, urine is full of great reasons to put into use in farming. Those advantages include the good way of financial solution, little pollution made to environment and less damage from bugs. Some experiments have proven that the cabbage which is fertilized with urine grows faster and stronger than those isn’t. the(2) natural fertilizer won’t have the trouble of shortage and will bring more beneficial effects to us.
(2)The----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My reflective statement
It is my first time to use blog as a way to hand in the homework. For me, it is really special! But using blog is easier than my origianl imagination, it is also very convenient. When I read the news online and tried to write the summary of the news article, sometimes I would think it was really hard to begin. Because I seldom did such work before in my life, I would use some sentences from the news article directly, but not my own words. As I practiced more, I can feel my writing skills improved, and I could catch the main point of the articles. In terms of discussing the article on msn, it is also a new type of homework and taking an exam. I believed that most people in our class didn't use msn to take an exam before. Recording our discussing process was interesting, too. When the recording machine started to record what we said, I said many wrong sentences because of nervousness. I thought it was funny when I listened the to the recording file again. After experiencing those types above of learning English, I think my English do improve, and also my computer skills. It's really a good experience in our English course.
沒有留言:
張貼留言